Funny delivery guy story

Tuesday 1 May 2012

A funny story Ken found on reddit this morning. Not sure what he was doing up at 5am reading reddit but he emailed it to me with the subject " I laughed so hard when I read this, I almost woke you up.

I though it was hilarious too, so I thought I'd share it :)

Not particularly weird but our intercom used to be pretty terrible in our flat. I was used to having to shout to be heard through it. One day a guy came up and asked me to do some tests for him so he could try to figure out what was wrong. We worked on it for about 10 minutes then he went off to "fix" it and I never saw him again. Never thought much about it.

Later that night, I ordered a pizza from the place along the road and got it delivered because I'm lazy. So the buzzer goes, I pick up and do the usual "HELLO WHO IS THERE?" I hear a yelp and silence...So I press the buzzer anyway and hear the door open.

Standing on the threshold, the pizza guy comes up the stairs, white as a sheet.

"Dude was that you?"

"What?"

"Was like the freaking voice of God in my head!"

Apparently the intercom had a serious upgrade and made me sound like an avenging Zeus.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/sxlt2/i_ordered_pizza_tonight_and_since_i_had_to_get/c4hx0hj

Here's a link to the opening post and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Tags